January 25, 2009

Paint Your Own Valentine's Day Gifts (valentine gifts)

valentine gifts

Valentine's Day will be here before you know it. It is a little more than a month away. As like with Christmas, Valentine's is a great time to get out your paint and create a wonderful gift for a loved one or your sweetheart! What better way to say I love you than with something hand painted from your heart?


You can be a creative as you want with this project. Hearts of course are a nice design to include. Words relating to love are also nice to be added to your pieces. If you are not able to do freehand designs, polka dots with different colors and sizes can really make a glass interesting. I cannot stress enough that you do not have to be an artist to be able to paint on glasses. It is really up to you how creative you get. Simple designs often are much nicer than going over the top with too much color and interest.

Folk Art acrylic enamel paint and Pebeo paints are still great to use for these type of projects. They are paints that are suggested for painting on glass and porcelain. Both types are bake to cure the paint and are durable for this type of use.

Painting your own Valentine's gifts is really special and can show someone truly how much they mean to you. A gift from your heart is worth so much more than an expensive store bought gift. Give the special people in your life something with true meaning that can last a lifetime!

ysp

eandmore.com/

aamilou@aol.com

My name is Amy Ressa. I am the owner of The Painted House and More. My business is located in Central Ohio. I have over 16 years of painting experience which began painting in my own home. I originally started painting with stencils and then progressed in to freehand decorative painting. My style of painting is the One Stroke Technique, developed by Donna Dewberry. It is an easy way to make painting visually interesting. I have experience painting not only on walls, but glass, ceramics, fabric, metal, candles, and canvas. This technique is great for small and large jobs alike. It isn't limited to just one area. I love to use the acrylic enamel made by Plaid. It is a great product that is very durable. You can bake your glass projects to set the paint, or just let it cure in the open air. After 21 days your paint will be set. I am always looking for people who I can share my talent with. If you have any interest or questions, please feel free to call me at: 614-530-0219 or email me at: aamilou@aol.com.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Amy_Ressa

valentine gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment